- To work toward nurturing a climate of understanding, respect, and appropriate support and education for all children with special needs.
- To advise the school district on matters relating to the education and safety of students with disabilities.
- To meet regularly with school officials to participate in the planning, development and evaluation of the school district’s special education programs.
- To conduct workshops; promote the education of parent/guardians, students, and the community on issues of special education rights and services.
- To create a presence in the school district promoting family to family networking and support.