Northbridge Middle School Sport Booster Club
Northbridge Music Booster Club
* Please note: Club fees are due after you have confirmation of a seat in the program. ($25 per club - student cap of $50 per year per school. Ex: If your child has enrolled and paid $50 for Student Council & Intramural Basketball, she may request a seat in Broadcast club for no additional cost.)
CURRENT CLUB LISTINGS:
Broadcasting Club - Up and Running! (CLUB IS FULL)
- Broadcasting Club is a group of students working on news articles and short videos to promote the events at NMS. They will be using the school iPads and an app that helps out with green screen capabilities. They will be given a challenge task each club to produce a video on that topic. "Create a short video of you at a sporting event or create a video of you at a national landmark." They will be working in small groups or partners, draft a script, practice it and then head to production!
- This club will be run "in person" after school abiding by covid policies. I will offer one session that meets 10 weeks.
Thursdays (April 8,15,29,May 6, 13,20, 27, June 3, 7 & 10 )
- Contact Mrs. Gogolinski with any questions
Chess Club - ENROLLING NOW for Thursdays 2 - 3:30 starting date TBA
- Chess Club is open to all Northbridge Middle School students, regardless of skill level. Whether you are a skilled player who wants to sharpen your skills, or you just enjoy playing the game and don’t wish to compete, or you’re a beginner who wants to learn how to play the game, we welcome you. This is an "inperson" and remote club.
- Click here for more information LINK
- Contact Mr. Williams with any questions
Chorus & Band - Up and Running
- Chorus: High Voice (Mondays and Thursdays from 2:15-3:00), Low Voice (Wednesdays from 2:45-3:30 and Fridays from 2:15-3:00) Questions: Email Mr. Kilgarriff
- Band: Concert Band: (for students with 2 or more years of experience with their instruments) Mondays - 2:05-2:50PM and Thursdays - 2:05-2:50PM
Intermediate Band: (for students who are newer to their instruments) Wednesdays - 2:30-3:15PM and Fridays - 2:05-2:50PM
Any questions? Email Mr. Goguen
Dance & Cheer - Up and Running
- Join this group to work after school on dance and cheer routines. Mondays & Thursdays 2- 3:30pm Questions: Email Mrs. Spadaro
Gaming Club - Up & Running
The Tabletop Gaming Club will meet Wednesdays at 2:00 virtually. Zoom links and other information will be shared in a club Google Classroom. This year, we will focus on playing Dungeons & Dragons, but plan to return to also playing board games when it is safe to meet in person. Complete the Google Form if you are interested in joining. Table Top Gaming Club Website. Start Date 1/20/21. Contact Mr. Silvestri for more information.
Girls Who Code - Up and Running (Club IS FULL)
- Girls Who Code is an organization which aims to support and increase the number of women in computer science. Girls Who Code is a free club that will meet monthly virtually (at this time). The members of the club will explore Computer Science topics, learn about prominent computer scientists in the industry and create apps, programs and web pages together. Again, this club is FREE and there is no need to register, just simply email Mrs. Gogolinski so she will send you the meeting code.
Intramural Clubs - Up and Running
- NMS is putting together a safe, covid compliant after school sports program for the kids. It will be a community effort. This program will be lead by NMS teachers and supported by parent volunteers. Proper registration is important. The first session (Basketball & Cheering) is underway. Basketball will run for 4 weeks and cheer will run for 5 weeks. Three weeks of Indoor Floor Hockey will start on March 29th followed by Soccer for the last 3 weeks. No prior knowledge/experience is necessary - all are welcome! There is still room for more kids.
- Any question? Contact Mr Stien
Student Council - Up and Running!
- The advisors have emailed all the students who applied for student council. You may zoom in or be present in the building for this meeting. Here are future meeting dates:
- Friday, April 30, 2021
- Monday, May 17, 2021
- Friday, June 4, 2021
- Contact Mrs. Joncas or Mrs. Wermuth for more information.
Yearbook Committee - Up and Running!
- Please contact Mrs. Hazelwood for more information
Art Club - Fall 2021
Bridge Building Competition Club - Fall 2021
- The Bridge Competition Club work in teams designing a solid structure. There is a weight competition at the end of the club to judge the strongest structure. Any questions? Mrs. Wermuth
Bowling Club - Fall 2021
Weekly field trips with Chaperones to the bowling alley with your friends . It consists of 10 sessions. Each session is now $8, which includes shoe rental and unlimited bowling. Contact Mrs. Joncas for a flyer or more information.
Drama Club - Fall 2021
Flag Football - Fall 2021
- This club runs for 10 weeks in the Fall. Grade 5 @ 9am and Grade 6&7 @ 10am. Any questions? Contact Jess LaChapelle
National Junior Honor Society - Fall 2021
- NMS is in the process of applying for the charter to run a Junior Honor Society at the school. The advisors along with administration are establishing the criteria and application process. The school is putting together a panel of teachers to assist in the venture. The Honor Society is aimed to start the Fall of 2021.
- Learn more about the NJHS here: Link
- Any question? Advisors Mrs Tucker and Mrs. Wermuth
Robotics Club - Winter 2022
- Spend time after school in the computer lab exploring current technology. Topics like Scratch Computer Programming, Stop Motion and Robotics will be explored. Students will have access to Spheros, Ozobots, Lego Mindstorm and We Do Robots.
- Any questions? Mrs. Gogolinski
Ski Club - December 2021
VolleyBall Club - Winter 2022
Thursdays, 2:15-3:30 for 10 weeks. Contact Mrs. McNeil for more information.